Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Confessions of a Sneakerhead

I'll be the 1st to admit it.....yes I have a serious sneaker addiction. Not your ordinary addiction either, some might compare it to "Blue Magic" lol. There's a reason why I chose to post a pic of the Air Jordan V for this blog. Besides it being my absolute favorite sneaker behind the Jordan XI Concord but its prolly where most sneakerheads in my era started their addiction. I mean c'mon you cant tell me you didnt wanna run to the store & cop u a pair once u saw the Fresh Prince spinning in that throne with the black joints on laces undone!?!? Lol it was a wrap for me & while I couldn't afford em as a kid & my parents damn sure wasnt buying them the "retro" era was a blessing in disguise. Fall '98 I began my quest to buy every pair of J's I missed out on as a kid & in 2000 they finally brought back the V's . Off top I copped 4 prs of the Wht/Blk/Red color & 1-2 pairs of all the others. Since then it's been a steady buy, sell, trade kind of relationship with me & sneakers. Also its not just about Air Jordans with me, I mean how can you not love the Foamposite Penny or the Air Max 95? Even the new Air Max Lebron VII's this past season which I bought like 8 prs just because lol! Its a rush I get everytime I put on a new pair cuz lets face it the 3 things a female will notice about you at 1st sight is your smile, your clothes, & your kicks. Busted Air Force 1's that look like they seen a few thousand miles just aint gon cut it bruh lol. The downside to the sneaker game is that it's become the equivilant of "pop music" to the masses. People arent buying kicks cuz they necessarily like them but more of the hype factor. You "hypebeasts" know exactly who you are too!! Fact is I lived through the era of sum of the greatest sneakers to ever come out while most just heard about it & buy so they can resell & make a few bucks. Its funny how people just wanna buy up everything just to have the "superior collection" while really all it is is a bunch of stacked up boxes that in 10 yrs people will care less about. Quality over quantity people remember that. I'll take 15 prs of OG J's you'll never get ur hands on in any lifetime over a bunch of random kicks that were hot for a summer lol. So stick around people as I take you through the world of sneakers & anything else for that matter through my eyes. You might learn a thing or two. Dueces...

No comments:

Post a Comment